Shiva Aghababaei was born in 1972 in Tehran. After finishing high school in 1990 she started her architectural studies in University of Art (Pardis Isfahan). At the same time with her studies she started to work with architectural firms as junior architect, drafter, and estimator through which she achieved valuable experiences.
In 1998, she co-founded Tarh Va Afarinesh Co. with her partner Mr. Mohammad Nemati, where from the beginning they focused on establishment of an EPC group with full range of technical and engineering services, capable of meeting “client satisfaction” which was manifest of the newly established company, and has been demonstrated well by the fact that most of the clients have had more than one project with the company.
Her approach to architecture is a mélange of creation, love, and inspiration, and she seeks taking design practice beyond academic techniques and employing it as a means of enhancing quality of life. This is well manifested in name she has selected for her company; “Tarh Va Afarinesh” means “Design & Creation”
Passing through nearly two decades of professional design work, she has created more than 20 hospitality, commercial-recreation, and healthcare projects, many of which have been built by her construction team. This includes iconic projects such as South Tower and development of Esteghlal Hotel, Kandovan Cave Hotel (Tabriz-Iran), Safaieh 4 Star Hotel (Yazd-Iran), and restoration of Kowsar Hotel (Isfahan-Iran). Ibis – Novotel (IKIA), adjacent to Tehran’s International Airport, is her latest project, which has achieved great success in national and international level as the first hotel in Iran technically approved and operated by Accor group of France.
Her works have been appreciated by numerous international design and architectural circles:
- Winner of International Design Excellence Awards 2015 in “Hotel Design” category for Design of Ibis-Novotel IKIA
- Appreciated by Tourism Financial Group for design and construction of Ibis-Novotel IKIA
- Appreciated by Asia Architecture Awards 2015 (organized by 2A Magazine) for Kandoval Hotel Project
- Winner of International Hotel & Property Awards 2015 in “Restaurant within a Hotel” and “Spa Hotel” categories
- Shortlisted finalist of Hotel & Property Awards 2015 in “Best Hotel with 200 Rooms and More” category
- Appreciated by Middle East & North Africa Interior Design Awards as shortlisted finalist in 2014 & 2015
- Appreciated by Venice Biennale 2015 as presence of Iran’s contemporary architecture
- Awarded as Iran’s female architect of the year 2013
- Appreciated by Accor group for design of IKIA 3 & 4 star hotels
- Accor Group’s approval on various phases of design and construction of IKIA hotels project
- Appreciated by Architecture and Construction magazine for using natural materials in façade of Kandovan Hote
- Appreciated by Parsian Hotels Group for design of Safaieh Hotel development plan
- Appreciated by Yazd Province Urban Development Department for design and construction of Safaieh Hotel as Yazd Province’s top building of Year 2007
- Appreciated by Iran Tourism Development Co. for design of Kandovan Hotel nominated as UNESCO heritage 2014
PROJECT LIST in CAOI
- Ibis-Novotel IKIA
- Kandovan Stone Hotel ( Coming Soon! )